The RB1 has been meticulously designed and tested to the limits. The reel is completely saltwater proof and has proven very effective in taming salmon and large salt water quarry.
The initial prototype was designed and tested in collaboration with Lancaster University Engineering Department, where dozens of drag materials were tested under extreme conditions in order to select the compound with the highest performance. The chosen compound, coupled with titanium disks, not only withstands temperatures in excess of 200°C but provides a silky smooth drag with virtually no stick-slip.
- Machined from solid block aerospace grade 6082 aluminium
- Hard anodised to MIL Spec 8625 Type 3, class 2
- Precipitation hardened and pacified 17-4 stainless steel shaft and 316 stainless steel components
- High performance composite drag material coupled with large titanium disks*, producing up to 18lbs of drag force
- Heat generated during a run is dissipated through the ported aluminium spool to prevent overheating
- Traditional click and pawl system with optional click check
- Easily interchangeable between left and right hand wind requiring no tools
- Zero backlash anti-reverse system with large exposed palming rim
- Reverse tapered handle to prevent line snagging when casting
- Heavy duty needle clutch bearing with a dynamic load rating of over 350kg
- Fully sealed clutch and bearing arrangement with Viton O-rings
*Available with the RB1 #10-12
|10-12||350m 30lbs Dacron +AFS shooting head 11/12 or 520m 50lbs gel spun +WF12||£599 (GBP)|
|7-9||250m 20lbs Dacron + WF8 or 370m gel spun +WF8||£549 (GBP)|